Shivapuri Day Hiking
Shivapuri Day Hike is one of the best day hiking trips from Kathmandu. Hiking in this area requires a national park entrance permit and payment of a local guide fee, whether you know the route or have hired your own guide by an agent. Among the hills surrounding Kathmandu Valley, Shivapuri Hill is the second highest hill which is situated to the north of Kathmandu Valley. The Shivapuri hill located within the Shivapuri Nagarjuna National Park is one of the major destinations for domestic and foreign tourists. The hike up to the Shivapuri hill offers spectacular views of the Kathmandu Valley and the towering Himalayan peaks, and the culturally significant Nagi Gumba, a monastery dedicated to the nuns. Also you can see wild animals, dense forests, and birds.
A Day hike starts from Panimuhan near Budhanilkantha temple. In the beginning, you follow the dirt road for about 30-45 minutes then start climbing the stone stairs. Due to the dense forest, the sound of birds can be heard continuously, and wild animals can be seen. After a long climb, you reach a place called Deurali. From there a fairly flat road leads to Bagdwar. Bagdwar is also the origin of the holy Bagmati river. There is also an old small Buddhist monastery near Bagdwar. After resting there for sometime you again climb for about an hour and reach the top of Shivapuri hill. You enjoy the beautiful view, have our packed lunch, and trek the same path to Deurali and then turn left and continue down to Nagi Gompa. The Nagi Gompa is situated in the southern lap of Shivapuri Hill, away from the city. This secluded Buddhist monastery is a place where more than 100 nuns are studying and living. You get down towards Panimuhan and drive to the hotel.
PRICE US$120 PER PERSON
- Private vehicle transportation, pick up from hotel then at the end drop to hotel
- One Experienced English-speaking, government licensed and ministry of tourism trained guide
- Food Packed Lunch (Bread and Seasonal Fruits)
- Shivapuri National park fees
- Nepal Government taxes and office service charge
- Personal hiking equipment and Clothing
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency)
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above