Nagarkot Day Hiking
Nagarkot day hiking is one of the good hike options near Kathmandu. Nagarkot is a famous hill station, it offers breathtaking views of the majestic Himalayas, deep valleys and lush pine forests. Nagarkot is the place to enjoy good views of sunrise and sunset along with splendid views of the Himalayas. You can enjoy views of snow-capped mountain ranges including Annapurna Range, Manaslu Range, Ganesh Heel Range, Langtang Range, Jugal Range, Rolling Range, Mahalangur Range (Everest Range) and Nambur Range along with spectacular views of Kathmandu Valley. The day hike begins after a one-hour scenic drive of 32 km from Kathmandu to Nagarkot.
You will hike from Nagarkot to Changunarayan, it takes about 3 hours and is mostly downhill. If you prefer hiking uphill you can start hiking from Changunarayan and then follow the mostly uphill route till Nagarkot. Changunarayan is the oldest temple in Kathmandu Valley listed in UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The easy walk from Nagarkot to Changu Narayan takes around 3 to 4 hours. After reaching Changunarayan have lunch and take a tour of the temple area and then drive back to your hotel in Kathmandu.
Early morning one hour drive from Kathmandu to Nagarkot (2,195m), have breakfast at Nagarkot and hiking start to Changunarayan temple then drive to your Hotel, Kathmandu
PRICE US$100 PER PERSON
- Private vehicle transportation, pick up from hotel then at the end drop to hotel
- One Experienced English-speaking, government licensed and ministry of tourism trained guide
- Nepal Government taxes and office service charge
- Personal hiking equipment and Clothing
- Food during the hike
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency)
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above