Everest View Trek - 11 Days
The Everest View Trek is a popular short and relatively easy trekking route in the Everest region of Nepal. It is designed for those who want to experience the beauty of the Everest region without committing to a strenuous trek to Everest Base Camp. The name Everest View Trek is already meaningful, as it offers a breathtaking view of the highest mountain in the world, Mount Everest.
In addition to the view of Mount Everest, the trek offers the opportunity to discover the rich Sherpa culture, traditional villages and ancient Buddhist monasteries. The Everest View Trek is particularly suitable for those who dream of visiting the Everest region to admire the Everest panorama in a short time and without strenuous hiking. The Everest View Trek reaches its highest point at an altitude of 3,867 meters at Tengboche, which is surrounded by a rhododendron forest.
One of the highlights of the Mount Everest View Trek is a visit to Tengboche Monastery, also known as Dawa Choling Gompa, the largest Buddhist monastery in the region. Every year, the enchanting Mani Rimdu Festival takes place at Tengboche Monastery in the tenth lunar month of the Tibetan calendar, which is in the months of October and November.
Tengboche Monastery is located on a ridge and offers a magnificent view of the Everest-Himalayan range with Mount Everest (8,848 m), Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Nuptse, Thamserku, and other snow-capped peaks.
The Mount Everest View Trek usually begins with a short and scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla, a small town in the Everest region. From Lukla, the trek follows a well-signposted path through picturesque Sherpa villages, lush forests, and across suspension bridges over roaring rivers. The route passes through Namche Bazaar, the gateway to Everest, where trekkers often take a rest day to acclimatize.
From Namche Bazaar, trekkers can hike to Everest View Hotel – a luxury hotel in the Everest region. The trail to Tengboche follows the contour of Namche Bazaar and then descends to the Dudh Koshi River before ascending to Tengboche Monastery. After the Tengboche trek, return to Lukla where the trek ends. From Lukla, you will take an early morning flight to Kathmandu.
The Everest View Trek is classified as moderately difficult in terms of difficulty. Although it is not a technical climb, you should be prepared for steep ascents and descents, as well as elevation changes.
11 days Everest View Trek includes 6 days trekking (7 days from Kathmandu), one day sightseeing and one day rest in Kathmandu, two days for arrival and departure from Kathmandu.
Everest View Trek Highlights
- Get a good view of the world's highest peak, Mount Everest, with limited time.
- Visit the Everest View Hotel, a luxury hotel at one of the highest altitudes in the world.
- Visit the famous Tengboche Monastery, one of the highest monasteries in the world.
- Journey through the beautiful Khumbu region, renowned for its diverse flora and fauna.
- Spectacular panoramic views of the world's highest peaks, Mt Everest, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, and others.
- Experience the unique Sherpa culture and enjoy their warm hospitality.
- Explore Namche Bazaar, the bustling market town and gateway to the Everest region.
- Hike into the Sagarmatha National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its rich biodiversity and stunning landscapes.
- Experience an exciting flight to and from Lukla. The flight itself offers breathtaking views of the Himalayas.
- Stay overnight in teahouses along the route, rest, enjoy local food and share experiences with other hikers.
Everest View Trek Cost
The cost of the Everest View trekking package depends on various factors, such as the duration of the trek, the size of the group (Larger groups might be able to negotiate better rates, while solo trekkers or small groups may pay a premium for personalized services), the level of services included (budget, standard, luxury) and the reputation and standard of the trekking company you choose.
The Alpine Adventure Club announces the cost and some fixed departure dates for the Everest View Trek for groups joining in 2024 and 2025, the cost includes the standard service. If you wish to participate in a private trek, the cost will be different.
Everest View Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing and trek Preparation
Day 03: Kathmandu flight to Lukla trek to Phakding (2,610 m)
Day 04: Phakding trek to Namche Bazaar (3,440 m)
Day 05: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar (3,440 m)
Day 06: Namche Bazaar trek to Tengboche (3,867 m)
Day 07: Tengboche trek to Monjo (2,835 m)
Day 08: Monjo trek to Lukla (2,840 m)
Day 09: Lukla flight to Kathmandu (1,350 m)
Day 10: Reserve Day in Kathmandu
Day 11: Depart Kathmandu